Going Inactive Until Things Get Strightened Out.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Going Inactive Until Things Get Strightened Out.

Post  Soulcom on 2011-02-04, 6:47 pm

I am tired of playing on this server for now. I come on to the game to find all of the Sigma's valuable stolen in a well covered location. I find a cobble stair case leading into our capital building placed by someone who is trying to evade towny. I find my land dug out to reach a lower level of the Sigma Capital. Really? Sigma didnt do shit to anyone and we are being treated like this? No one has the right to steal our items for any reason. I didnt join this server to have my items stolen by some asshole who thinks he is being clever, and it is just causing unnecessary grief for our faction. I joined the server to build with a community, not constant pvp and stealing of people's items. Besides that, no one actually roleplays. Players see a wall, they dig through it if there is no towny. Players dont use reason, they just abuse game mechanics that allow them to do more than they should be able to. Until we receive more towny blocks to cover our reasonably sized castle, there is no point in playing if it can be griefed so easily. Why put in the effort if someone can just destroy the 20 hours of hard work in less than 2 hours? Until things get straightened out and more towny blocks are given to organizations, I'm not going to play.
Soulcom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going Inactive Until Things Get Strightened Out.

Post  Hazzy on 2011-02-04, 7:01 pm

I could not agree with you more. A certain faction has taken it upon itself to go over the top with PvP. According to what Barnold told me, someone had the nerve to demand payment to avoid griefing.

The past few months have been chaotic, with the constant mod issues and all. Hopefully Soto's Programmer can bring some stability and we can shift towards an RPG, enjoyable server instead of a "OH MY GOD I SEE SOMEONE. THEY MUST DIE" server.
Hazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ryuukazu on 2011-02-04, 7:03 pm

seems like you finally realized that being a leader is not as easy as you thought it would be. I would like to say I told you so. Very Happy
ryuukazu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc on 2011-02-04, 7:06 pm

ryuukazu wrote:seems like you finally realized that being a leader is not as easy as you thought it would be. I would like to say I told you so. Very Happy

Being a leader isn't hard, it's the fact you don't have enough towny blocks to bother finishing a city.
Blind_Merc

View user profile http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  ryuukazu on 2011-02-04, 7:29 pm

Blind_Merc wrote:
ryuukazu wrote:seems like you finally realized that being a leader is not as easy as you thought it would be. I would like to say I told you so. Very Happy

Being a leader isn't hard, it's the fact you don't have enough towny blocks to bother finishing a city.

True but how do you get towny blocks?You get more people, and how do you get more people? See the connection?
ryuukazu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk on 2011-02-04, 7:30 pm

Hazzy wrote:I could not agree with you more. A certain faction has taken it upon itself to go over the top with PvP. According to what Barnold told me, someone had the nerve to demand payment to avoid griefing.

The past few months have been chaotic, with the constant mod issues and all. Hopefully Soto's Programmer can bring some stability and we can shift towards an RPG, enjoyable server instead of a "OH MY GOD I SEE SOMEONE. THEY MUST DIE" server.
Are you accusing us of pvping in a pvp server. But I haven't killed many people that weren't in proximity to our base.

ivanelk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb on 2011-02-04, 8:20 pm

I probably should have just posted my thread here... sorry Razz
I agree with you. I appalled by the immaturity of some of these players.

Error. 404'd. -Sevyn

I care Very Happy LAVA I love lava and love reading post about people finding lava as lava is super ultra mega rare donkeys. See I can post useless things too Very Happy. -Ryuukazu

Yes, swear at the person who has the highest ban count in the server. Makes excellent sense. -Sevyn

Roflbeeb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soto_Black on 2011-02-04, 8:32 pm

Just to clarify, this server has pvp enabled, it is not a pvp server.

You should be able to protect your valuables using towny. I don't see how players can threaten griefing and such with towny protection. You don't even need to hide your chests with towny.

I will consider adjusting claims for larger groups.

Last edited by Soto_Black on 2011-02-04, 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soto_Black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 on 2011-02-04, 8:35 pm

Only place I've been to is the Igors and Legion. The Igors I had a misunderstand with, and the Legion are... well, just the Legion. They aren't friendly, to put it mildly. I have only been to one village, one with Dementor and Applebeard. (Forgot the name) Otherwise, I haven't seen any other place.

I agree with you, however. People who overdo PvP should go to a server where the server is seriously focused on PvP; because this server isn't.
draco222

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd on 2011-02-04, 8:35 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:I probably should have just posted my thread here... sorry Razz
I agree with you. I appalled by the immaturity of some of these players.

A mixture of immaturity and greed, but yes. Many players seem to forget that this is a game and that people play it to have fun. When they excessively steal or destroy things, they are ruining people's fun. Yes, stealing is part of the game. Leaving other players penniless, however, is not. The best thing we can do is hide and trap our belongings as well as we can until they leave or are removed. Or, less desirably, have no valuables to be stolen.

EDIT: This is all assuming towny is not working for you, one way or another. For example, my town ended up being too big for me to towny. My bad. But just because you can do something (i.e. breaking and entering) does not necessarily mean you should.

Last edited by CornNerd on 2011-02-04, 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
CornNerd

View user profile http://thehobbyfinder.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  igortv123 on 2011-02-04, 8:37 pm

ivanelk wrote:
Hazzy wrote:I could not agree with you more. A certain faction has taken it upon itself to go over the top with PvP. According to what Barnold told me, someone had the nerve to demand payment to avoid griefing.

Are you accusing us of pvping in a pvp server. But I haven't killed many people that weren't in proximity to our base.
(Not acusing you of anything) Killing un-invited people near your base is ok with me, but I have to side with Hazzy here. It seems like every time you’re exploring, and someone sees you, they kill you. No questions asked. Even if you were unarmed. It really gets old, yes I understand this IS a pvp server, but killing unarmed people for no reason is just wrong. Sadly, this server is becoming a death-match server with the occasional "cool guy" here and there. In 1.0 there was pvp here and there, and the community was great. What happened guys?
igortv123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc on 2011-02-04, 8:40 pm

igortv123 wrote:What happened guys?

New comers and Notch messing around with servers.
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  igortv123 on 2011-02-04, 8:42 pm

Yep. =/
igortv123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KhaosLeper on 2011-02-04, 8:56 pm

Soto_Black wrote:
You should be able to protect your valuables using towny. I don't see how players can threaten griefing and such with towny protection. You don't even need to hide your chests with towny.

The only real problem with towny right now if someone can stand right outside the border and still be able to destroy townied blocks. This actually let someone into my secured treasure room which also allowed them to destroy a chest and grab items.

KhaosLeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta on 2011-02-04, 9:48 pm

KhaosLeper wrote:
Soto_Black wrote:

The only real problem with towny right now if someone can stand right outside the border and still be able to destroy townied blocks. This actually let someone into my secured treasure room which also allowed them to destroy a chest and grab items.

It's unfortunate, but you're going to have to put your chest in a more secure location... in fact, I'm thinking I'll have to move mine sooner or later, even though I feel it's pretty secure as is right now.
Raijouta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy on 2011-02-04, 11:03 pm

Soto_Black wrote:You don't even need to hide your chests with towny.

I kicked a member of my town, and he was able to access chest just fine. Unless you're referring to dirt-coverings.
Hazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maderas on 2011-02-05, 2:25 am

Eugh, are things really that bad here? I saw the post on the MC forum and was all stoked to have found a quality RP server where people actually RPed, but now it sounds like the kiddles have turned it into a mindless grief-a-thon like every other SMP server. Say it ain't so! Sad

Maderas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn on 2011-02-05, 2:46 am

Maderas wrote:Eugh, are things really that bad here? I saw the post on the MC forum and was all stoked to have found a quality RP server where people actually RPed, but now it sounds like the kiddles have turned it into a mindless grief-a-thon like every other SMP server. Say it ain't so! Sad

Contrary to Darth Sideous claims, this battlestation is not fully armed and operational. Griefing is not the problem here, it's Wirecraft and server mod bugs. We are currently working out our own custom server mod.

*facedesk* -AdrianRedd

The UK has always been my back-up plan. The exchange rate for USD - Euros is quite high right now. -Cypranex

The awkward moment when you try to spend Euros in the UK -Nathias

Best described as Lawful Chaotic.
Sevyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc on 2011-02-05, 5:04 am

Maderas wrote:Eugh, are things really that bad here? I saw the post on the MC forum and was all stoked to have found a quality RP server where people actually RPed, but now it sounds like the kiddles have turned it into a mindless grief-a-thon like every other SMP server. Say it ain't so! Sad

Originally I came here expecting a really strict server that was quite intense on RP, tho I just missed Kingdoms 1.0 and made it into 2.0 / 2.5, and things seem to have either lightened up or changed a lot.

A lot of the 2.0/2.5 happened because Notch kept updating and HeyO decided he'd had enough.

This is probably the best your going to find, many other RP server's are literally full of griefers, have no theme, have admins that don't care, don't bother getting mods to fix the game, etc...

I've seriously traveled around to about 20 different server's the majority RP, and each time I come back here. Unless you have friends on other server's this place really sticks to you... just a couple of issues because it's incomplete at the moment. Wink
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard on 2011-02-05, 11:40 am

Blind_Merc wrote:

Originally I came here expecting a really strict server that was quite intense on RP, tho I just missed Kingdoms 1.0 and made it into 2.0 / 2.5, and things seem to have either lightened up or changed a lot.

A lot of the 2.0/2.5 happened because Notch kept updating and HeyO decided he'd had enough.

This is probably the best your going to find, many other RP server's are literally full of griefers, have no theme, have admins that don't care, don't bother getting mods to fix the game, etc...

I've seriously traveled around to about 20 different server's the majority RP, and each time I come back here. Unless you have friends on other server's this place really sticks to you... just a couple of issues because it's incomplete at the moment. Wink
true dat. Razz
Applebeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soulcom on 2011-02-05, 12:05 pm

I'm not saying I'm done with the server. I'm just taking a brake until things get fixed. I understand that the server isnt at 100%, but it just doesnt seem worth it to me until it is.
Soulcom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard on 2011-02-05, 12:09 pm

Soulcom wrote:I'm not saying I'm done with the server. I'm just taking a brake until things get fixed. I understand that the server isnt at 100%, but it just doesnt seem worth it to me until it is.
its a pity, come back soon buddy Sad
Applebeard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz on 2011-02-05, 4:55 pm

yea i figured this out in 1.0, that before you build a base, you should already have an idea of how Towny works, how much blocks you need, how big you want to make it, all these are important before building a Town, we been raided for not having our towny correct in 1.0 and 2.0 but in 3.0 we have made our walls huge to protect our items from raiders, we have calculated and found chuncks the first day towny was added, sure we got raided because every1 else had build there base before hand, but now our town is fairly secure. its to bad people go raiding for greedy reasons.
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy on 2011-02-05, 5:16 pm

"raiding for greedy reasons"
What other reasons for raiding are there?
Hazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ballnazor on 2011-02-05, 5:26 pm

I tought the same hazzy

ballnazor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next