The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Programmer is a Champion of Champions

+9
Applebeard
Blind_Merc
Soulcom
DarwinAssist
AdrianRedd
skeletonboy
Sevyn
Littlemoomoo
Soto_Black
13 posters

Go down

Our Programmer is a Champion of Champions Empty Our Programmer is a Champion of Champions

Post  Soto_Black 2011-01-27, 6:19 am

So our programmer is pretty much a god. Yeah that is a tag on a colored name.

Our Programmer is a Champion of Champions Nameta10

Whats in the works? Check it out but keep in mind this is only a rough draft. Anything could change. Also this is only a small portion of what I have written down on paper so far. Our programmer came over tonight and we talked for a long time and worked most of the big issues out.

Default Players
-All players will automatically be in the local channel.
-All players can set their compass to point to wherever they want using a command
-All players can start shops
-All players can create a “town”

Kingdom System
-Plot = X amount of blocks
-Player can claim a plot of land for protection
-This protection keeps players not in the “town” from destroying blocks, and opening wooden doors
-This player can invite others to the protection giving them more blocks. The player invited is prompted with a choice to either accept the invitation and become a part of the town, or deny it
-Only the player who starts the town may invite people unless changed by the player with the ranks system (see rank system)
-As the player invites more players the amount of clamed blocks will grow. The amount of claims that can be claimed per person in the town will be determined by the administrator via a text file.
-After the player’s town reaches (X amount of players determined through text file) people the creating player will then have access to a command to create a kingdom. This command essentially will allow them to choose the name of the Kingdom and will grant them X amount of claims. Example /newkingdom mykingdom
-After this point every plot claimed by the kingdom will display a message to users who enter with something along the lines of “You are now entering the land of mykingdom” When exiting the players will receive a message saying something like “You are now leaving the land of mykingdom”
-After the name is chosen a chat channel will be generated under that name and can only be accessed by members of that kingdom.
-The members of that kingdom will join that channel on default.

Commands
/newtown townname
/destroy townname/kingdomname (deletes the kingdom or town)
/invite playername
/kick playername
/protect off/on (Turns the protection on or off on the claimed land)
/newkingdom kingdomname (one time use command, It selects origin of kingdom)
/kingdom (a general command for kingdom information, could have more functions later)
/leave (king or leader cannot /leave the town)
/join
/newleader playername (a command only a leader can use, sets the new leader of the kingdom or “town” leader.)

Economy System

-Players will be able to create shops and set the size depending on the player’s needs.
-The shop will have a maximum amount of blocks that a player can use.
-When entering a shop you will have a message displayed telling the player they are entering the shop and what the name is “Welcome to ShopName”
-Players will be able to list items they have on them to be sold in the shop. The item is removed from their inventory. Once it is purchased by another player the transaction is made.
-Players will be able to use a command to see a list of items being sold in a shop and can purchase them with a command
-Shops built within a kingdom’s land will pay taxes to the king for every transaction. The taxes will be set by the king or anyone granted with the ability.
-The player can name the shop.
-The player can destroy the shop.
-Players start with a default of only being able to make one shop, but may be able to make more shops. (Level system for Merchants?)
Commands
/shop create shopname size (return with “shop size is too large” if they exceed the given blocks)
/shop list (shows a list of items being sold and bought when in a shop. Return with “You are not in a shop” when the player is not in a shop)
/shop buy itemname amount
/shop purchase item amount purchaseprice (adds an item that you wish to purchase and the quantity)
/shop sell itemname amount cost
/shop stock itemname amount sellprice (if you are a shop owner you can restock your store with items to be sold with this command)
/money (generic command, shows players balance)
/money pay amount playername (pays a player a specific amount)
/money credit amount playername (admin command. Allows admins to give money to players)
/money debit amount playername (admin command. Allows admins to take away money from players)

Rank System within the Kingdom System
-The Kingdom leader will have the ability to set only players within their kingdom to certain ranks.
-A default list of ranks with abilities will be provided. These default ranks and their abilities will be adjustable via a text document.
-The Ranks will have certain abilities assigned to them. Examples - Toggling Protection, Setting Taxes, Recruiting others to join the kingdom, Renting claims of land to other players, Jailing members of the kingdom, Setting Bounties, etc..
-Kingdom Leaders can set up custom ranks with chosen abilities. For example if a King wanted to make a rank for a player to be a sheriff who can adjust taxes, invite players to the kingdom and jail people, he could use a command like this /newrank Jailer jail+recruit+tax
and then set the player to this rank using /setrank littlemoomoo Jailer
-The rank title will be a prefix in the player’s name in chat
Commands
/rank list (shows a list of ranks and their abilities plus the number of players in each)
/rank playername (shows the rank of that player and their abilities)
/setrank playername rankname
/newrank rankname ability+ability..

Bounty System
-Leaders can set a bounty on a player who is not a part of their group.
-Leaders can choose to make it a public bounty or a bounty specific to their faction.
-If the leader were to make the bounty private to their own faction, other players who kill the bounty target will not receive any coins. Only the player within the faction of the leader who set the bounty will receive the rewards.
-There will be a minimum price set on bounties to keep leaders from constantly creating cheap bounties.
-A message to all members within that faction will get a message to the effect of “Chivers706 has a bounty of 150 coins on their head”
-A command to be used to see all current bounties and their worth. This will be specific to each faction.
-There will be a list of general bounties that can be seen by all players and factions.
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Our Programmer is a Champion of Champions Empty Re: Our Programmer is a Champion of Champions

Post  Littlemoomoo 2011-01-27, 8:03 am

OH...MY...GAWD O_O
Littlemoomoo
Littlemoomoo

Back to top Go down

Our Programmer is a Champion of Champions Empty Re: Our Programmer is a Champion of Champions

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-27, 10:20 am

Thank you huntere30633! You are amazing! And credit to server/team!
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-01-27, 10:42 am

This has made me happy.
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-27, 10:52 am

Hey Soto, that looks really good! I can't wait to get a custom Kingdoms Mod up!

Just wondering, I'd like to know how renting houses and land will work within a kingdom. Spawn Town will need a system that the Wizards can run for people to rent houses and pay taxes within the city. Is there any way to apply this?

Also, I'm curious as to what sort of protection will be provided by the town creation system. It seems like anyone will be able to make a town, and I'm wondering how much protection this will provide. It will probably only prevent people from griefing correct? And people can only make one town at a time of course.

I really like the idea of having the local chat channel as the default. It's much better that way, and will hopefully encourage RP.

I like the shop system, but I'm hoping we can encourage some RP elements somehow. Will a shopkeeper have to be inside his shop for people to purchase items? While some people will find this boring, it is a huge deal to me. One, I don't want to interact with a boring sign. Two, I want to haggle, bargain, and trade with the shopkeeper. Three, I want to hear people hawking their wares! Hearing people shout out what they're selling and their prices and setting sales will be tons of fun. The last thing I want is to do is walk into that market place I made, and see a bunch of "[SHOP]" signs in the windows instead of people. That would make me very sad.
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarwinAssist 2011-01-27, 11:04 am

This is very impressive but is there any way that he can make it so you need special permission inside the kingdoms to build in some areas? This is for like if I wanted to have a section of a castle that only the nobles could go/build in I could set a permission to only allow them building/destroying rights in those towny blocks.
DarwinAssist

Back to top Go down

Post  Soulcom 2011-01-27, 12:30 pm

That's it really sweet. Keep up the epic work!
Soulcom
Soulcom

Back to top Go down

Post  Soto_Black 2011-01-27, 2:07 pm

DarwinAssist wrote:This is very impressive but is there any way that he can make it so you need special permission inside the kingdoms to build in some areas? This is for like if I wanted to have a section of a castle that only the nobles could go/build in I could set a permission to only allow them building/destroying rights in those towny blocks.

Exactly what were doing.
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-01-27, 5:53 pm

What an awesome name 'Huntere'

If I new of Minecraft years ago I would've made my character's name Hunter... =S
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard 2011-01-27, 6:46 pm

huntere, you are a king. Thank you.

has it been decided yet on the amount of land groups can claim yet, my friends and i need to get planning Very Happy
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Soto_Black 2011-01-27, 7:14 pm

Applebeard wrote:huntere, you are a king. Thank you.

has it been decided yet on the amount of land groups can claim yet, my friends and i need to get planning Very Happy

Not yet, but very soon!
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dementor 2011-01-27, 7:27 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH huntere30633
Dementor
Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post  igortv123 2011-01-27, 7:56 pm

Jail command?
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-01-28, 2:04 am

One thing I've been wondering about the Spawn town; is it possible for players to buy certain properties (such as the oceanside manor, which is listed as 'for sale') and then rent them out to other players?

Because this might get lucrative for factions that can afford real estate in the Spawn Town...
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-01-28, 2:17 am

Raijouta wrote:One thing I've been wondering about the Spawn town; is it possible for players to buy certain properties (such as the oceanside manor, which is listed as 'for sale') and then rent them out to other players?

Because this might get lucrative for factions that can afford real estate in the Spawn Town...

I to will attempt to make enough money to rent out a house if it is possible.

____
Also in future do you have plans for NPC's to buy re-sell things like bread, it would be a good way to make money, yet I doubt players would actually want it, and I mean it's not like it would sell for a lot, maybe 2-3 gold if that. 5 at the most.
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-01-28, 11:46 am

Blind_Merc wrote:Also in future do you have plans for NPC's to buy re-sell things like bread, it would be a good way to make money, yet I doubt players would actually want it, and I mean it's not like it would sell for a lot, maybe 2-3 gold if that. 5 at the most.

If you want to resell goods, go find a merchant. No need to have an NPC do it. The only thing the server / an NPC should buy is Gold ingots / blocks.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-01-28, 1:45 pm

Hazzy wrote:
Blind_Merc wrote:Also in future do you have plans for NPC's to buy re-sell things like bread, it would be a good way to make money, yet I doubt players would actually want it, and I mean it's not like it would sell for a lot, maybe 2-3 gold if that. 5 at the most.

If you want to resell goods, go find a merchant. No need to have an NPC do it. The only thing the server / an NPC should buy is Gold ingots / blocks.

I doubt a Merchant will buy bread, no kingdom wants it, making it pretty useless... I'll find something else to sell in bulk... hehe
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-01-28, 2:04 pm

Wheat is really useful since it recovers health and all. That Hunger mod would make it even more valuable.

I would certainly resell bread if I thought I could find buyers.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-01-28, 4:27 pm

Hazzy wrote:Wheat is really useful since it recovers health and all. That Hunger mod would make it even more valuable.

I would certainly resell bread if I thought I could find buyers.

Wheat is so easy to get that it'll be worthless, though. Everyone and their pet dog will have a personal wheat farm if they know what's good for them.
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down